Paper. Scissors. Glue. is a monthly list on Fairfield County Moms Blog. Every month we’ll suggest some fun crafts to do with your kids. There will be four categories of age-appropriate crafts for you to choose from, all of which can be modified for older or smaller hands. So, get out your paper, scissors and glue and have some fun this November!
Toddler (under 2):
- Grab those pipe cleaners and try turkey track art!
- Sesame Street Day is November 10. Celebrate with these paper plate versions of your favorite characters.
- November 19 is Mother Goose Day. Here are 45 nursery rhyme crafts.
- Make the last few weeks of Connecticut’s fall leaf color last a little longer with these fall tree luminaries.
- Did you know November is Picture Book Month? Here is a great list of books to read and then have the kids retell them in drawings.
- Every preschool child loves to wear funny hats. Try this handmade turkey headband.
Early Elementary (5-7):
- Make these coffee filter poppies to wear on Veteran’s Day (November 11).
- November 19-25 is National Puzzle and Game week. Try your hand at some of these brain teasers.
- Your child will love showing off the things he is grateful for with this adorable THANKSgiving turkey.
Late Elementary (8-10):
- Create an acts of kindness service banner for World Kindness Day on November 13.
- Collect all of those loose buttons and get crafty on Button Day (November 16).
- Your Thanksgiving dinner guests will love these salt-dough turkey ornaments to take home at the end of the night.
Do you have a craft you like to do with your kids this time of year? We’d love to know!