Just because Earth Day is April 22nd, doesn’t mean that we can’t celebrate the Earth every day! Today, I’m sharing some ideas to encourage our little ones to take care of our Earth, and teach them why it’s so important.
Songs & Videos
Jack Johnson singing The 3 R’s
Schoolhouse Rock!: Little Things We Do
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: What Does Recycle Mean?
6 Easy ways you can encourage your kids to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle:
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Turn off the sink when you’re washing your hands or brushing your teeth; and take a quick shower instead of a full bath
- Drink out of a cup or reusable bottle instead of water bottles and juice boxes; and pack your lunch and snacks in a reusable lunchbox
- Wear hand-me-downs and/or pass your clothes along when you’re done with them; and donate toys and books that you no longer play with
- Borrow books (music and DVDs, too) from the library
- Use scrap paper for crafts, and use both sides of the paper
How does your family celebrate Earth Day?