How many of you know that your library offers more than a chance to read a good book? I’m sure most of you know about your library’s story times and children’s activities, as well as their adult reading services, but did you know that most of the libraries in Fairfield county offer things like rooms to rent for special gatherings and meetings, various learning experiences for all ages – some hands-on, some not, and even free or discounted passes to some of the areas biggest attractions? Here are just a few perks for belonging to local libraries. Be sure to check your local library out today!
– Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum: Pass provides free admission for a pass-holder and accompanying family members.
– 7/21: New Features of Word 2013 class
– Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo: Free admission for up to 2 adults and 4 children.
– 7/21: Clue Tournament (Adult Summer Reading Program)
C. H. Booth Library (Newtown):
– CT. State Parks and Forests: Free Parking for private passenger vehicles
– 7/18: iAnything: One-on-one device help
– Earthplace : Free with Pass
– 7/26: Transitioning from High School to College Lecture
Edith Wheeler Memorial Library (Monroe):
– The Children’s Museum: One free touring admission with every paid admission-maximum 4 free per day. Sci Dome tickets are an additional fee.
– 7/14: Marketing the Student Athlete: a College Planning Seminar
Mark Twain Library (Redding):
– Mystic Aquarium:Varying discount rate on admissions for 2 adults and 2 children
– 8/13: Sensational Suds: The Art & Science of Crafting the Perfect Brew with P. Scott Vallely
– Dinosaur State Park: Free Admission with the No Child Left Inside Pass
– Peabody Museum of Natural History: $5 off up to 4 admissions.
– Danbury Railway Museum: Free family admission (two adults and up to four children)
– 7/26: Taking Better Pictures: Phones and Point-and-Shoot Cameras
– Discovery Museum and Planetarium – Free admission for up to 2 adults and 4 children (children under 2 years old are free)
– Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum – Free admission for 6 people total once per day