Welcome March, Spring is officially on its way! It’s finally time to dig out the rain boots and get moving outside. Here is a list of family-friendly activities and events to enjoy this month. This is in no way intended to be a comprehensive event guide, so if you have suggestions or any great events that we’ve missed, please leave a comment to let us know!
- Saturday, February 24 – Saturday, March 31 :: Bring the whole family to see a performance of Goldilocks at the Downtown Cabaret Children’s Theatre. Performances run on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Thursday, March 1 – Sunday, March 4 :: Watch your favorite Marvel Super Heroes, including Spider-Man, The Avengers – Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and more, and sinister villains come to life at Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes at Webster Bank Arena.
- Saturday, March 3 – Sunday, March 4 :: Introduce your kids to fishing at Bass Pro Shop’s SFC Kids Next Generation Weekend. Free photo download, fishing workshop, crafts, and games.
- Saturday, March 10 :: Bundle up for ComiConn Night at the Sound Tigers hockey game.
- Sunday, March 11 :: Bring your dogs or meet adoptable dogs from local animal rescue organizations at Pucks & Paws Day at the Sound Tigers hockey game. Go early to the game for a special Police K9 Awareness Event to meet police K9s and their handlers, see demos and K9s in action, and K9 vehicles up close.
- Saturday, March 24 – Sunday, April 1 :: Take a free photo with the Easter Bunny at Bass Pro Shops. There will be a free Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 31.
- Wednesday, March 28 :: Have dinner with the Easter Bunny at Hub & Spoke. Make reservations in advance.
- All Month :: Enjoy a sensory friendly environment at AMC. Movies for this month include Black Panther (Saturday, March 10), A Wrinkle in Time (Tuesday, March 13 and Saturday, March 24), and Tomb Raider (Tuesday, March 27).
- Friday, March 2 :: Head over to Hanna Andersson to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with a free storytime and craft.
- Saturday, March 17 :: Join Danbury Barnes & Noble for special St. Patrick’s Day storytime featuring The Gingerbread Man and the Leprechaun Loose at School.
- Saturday, March 17 :: Head over to Hanna Andersson to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a free rainbow treasure hunt.
- Saturday, March 10 :: Join the Fairfield University Bookstore for Animal Day at the Bookstore with Lizzy Rockwell. Stories will be read aloud by author/illustrator Lizzy Rockwell, featuring Lizzy’s newest book A Mammal is an Animal and there will be a special visit from friends at the Beardsley Zoo!
- Sunday, March 11 :: Check out the Fairfield Health & Fitness Expo for lectures, demos, plus a wide variety of exhibitors, who will provide the most current information about health, fitness, wellness and medical issues, to attendees both young and old.
- Sunday, March 25 :: Bring the whole family for for mini-golf inside the Fairfield Public Library. Family tickets can be purchased in advance.
- Friday, March 2 – Sunday, March 11 :: Enjoy St. Catherine’s of Siena’s production of Shrek the Musical. Showtimes are on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Monday, March 5:: Explore the world of reptiles and amphibians at the Greenwich Library. You will also have a chance to pet a gator, stare into the eyes of a huge toad, and touch a giant python!
- Friday, March 2 :: Head over to Edith Wheeler Memorial Library for Dr. Seuss Day. There will be crafts available. No registration required.
- Saturday, March 10 :: Put on your PJs and go to New Canaan Nature Center for Syrup Saturday: A Pancakes & PJ’s Party. There will be tons of syrup-related activities!
- Thursday, March 29 – Saturday, March 31 :: Go on an egg hunt and navigate through a spoon obstacle course with The Great Egg Hunt & Spring Celebration at the New Canaan Nature Center. Perfect for children ages 2-10 and those wanting an egg hunt with a smaller group. Advanced registration required for egg hunt times, space is limited.
- Friday, March 2 :: Join Everwonder in celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday for Dr. Seuss Day! There will be an adding activity, an engineering challenge, and hat decorating.
- Saturday, March 17 :: Spend St. Patrick’s Day playing, crafting, and learning at Everwonder.
- Weekends in March :: Take part in March Mania at the Maritime Aquarium. Each Saturday and Sunday in March, there will be special challenges and educational stations.
- Friday, March 2 :: Enjoy an exhilarating night of all kinds of talent from Connecticut from Singers, Bands, Dancers, Dance Troupes, Magicians, Comedians, and exciting Specialty Acts at Wall Street Theater for Connecticut’s Got Talent LIVE Finale.
- Saturday, March 10 :: Join Stepping Stones for an interactive storytime featuring Curious George Goes to the Zoo and meet and take photos with George himself. Wear your coziest PJs, make creations, and play games inspired by the Curious George series.
- Monday, February 26 – Sunday, March 4 :: Enjoy delicious eats at Ridgefield Restaurant Week.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Head over to the Arts & Nature School of Ridgefield for splatterday sensory painting for ages 2 and up.
- Friday, March 30 :: Join The Giggling Pig for their Annual Easter Egg Hunt.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Head over to the Pequot Library with your kids ages 3+ to learn about the fundamentals of Irish step dancing from the Lenihan dancers. This is a free program with registration required.
- Monday, February 19 – Sunday, March 4 :: Enjoy delicious eats at Stamford Winter Restaurant Weeks.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Attend the 23rd Annual Stamford St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Saturday, March 3 – Sunday, March 4 :: Celebrate the sweetness of the maple sugaring season at Stamford Museum & Nature Center’s annual Maple Sugar Festival Weekend.
- Saturday, March 24, Sunday, March 25, and Saturday, March 31 :: Join Stamford Museum & Nature Center for their new event this year, Forest Easter Egg Adventure. For ages 2 and up. There will be an egg hunt on the trails to be followed by live animals and crafting.
- Sunday, March 25 :: Head over to The Palace for an interactive comedy at Story Pirates: The Stuck in the Stone Age Tour.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Gather around the 150-year old Sugar Maple tree to learn what it takes to turn sap into sweet maple syrup at the Trumbull Nature & Arts Center, followed by a walk to the firepit to watch the evaporation process and a syrup taste test at Maple Sugaring Fun! for families. Children under age 4 are free.
- Monday, March 5 and Monday, March 19 :: Put on your PJs, grab your favorite stuffed animal, and join the Trumbull Library for stories, a craft, and a bedtime snack of milk and cookies for PJ Storytime. Registration required. Ages 3-5, siblings welcome.
- Saturday, March 24 :: Join the Trumbull Library and IMPACTrumbull for their biggest blanket making event for the Binky Patrol.
- Friday, March 2 :: Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with storytime, games, and activities at the Westport Barnes & Noble.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Join BodyQuest Barre Studio and Fairfield County Moms Blog for a barre class as part of our fitness event series. Get your tickets in advance.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Join Westport Barnes & Noble for storytime featuring The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- Sunday, March 11 :: Bring the whole family to enjoy Pinkalicous: The Musical at The Westport Country Playhouse.
- Saturday, March 3 :: Have Tea with Belle at the Wilton Library. This is a fundraiser for the library where children will meet and greet the popular Disney Princess, enjoy some scrumptious refreshments and take home a sparkly craft. Register and pay at the Children’s Library Reference Desk.
- Saturday, March 3 and Saturday, March 10 :: Learn about maple syrup and do taste tests at Ambler Farm’s Maple Syrup Open House. This event is free and open to the public.
Just Outside of Fairfield County
- Saturday, March 24 :: Take a road trip to Common Ground for their annual Maple Syrup Festival. See the tapped trees, taste raw sap, sample maple syrup, and famous sap dogs and warm up by a campfire in the woods.
Looking for more fun?
- Check out our roundups of local farmers’ markets, fairs and festivals, beaches, outdoor movie nights, summer concerts, theaters, family friendly volunteer/donation opportunities, “mommy and me” classes, family friendly hikes, coffee shops, ice cream shops, playgrounds, and restaurants where kids eat free.
Did we miss your favorite activity? Please leave a comment below or e-mail Aarika at [email protected]