June brings the end of a school year, swimming, summer nights spent out by a fire pit, farmers’ markets, and lots of playground time. Here is a list of family fun events to enjoy this month sponsored by Kids First Pediatric Dentistry and First Impression Orthodontics, who, when the need arises, feel strongly about helping your child through their dental experience with confidence, care, support and dignity. They surround themselves with the area’s best staff who love what they do as much as doctors do and they say that every day, your children drive them to be better. You can visit them on Facebook here and here, on Twitter, and Instagram @kids1stimpressions.
This is in no way intended to be a comprehensive event guide, so if you have suggestions or any great events that we’ve missed, please leave a comment to let us know!
Throughout Fairfield County
- Saturday, June 2 – Sunday, June 3 :: Celebrate Connecticut Trails Day 2018 at a local event, which could include hikes, family walks, trail runs, paddles, bike rides, historical strolls, and so much more. You can find your nearest event here.
- Friday, June 1 – Sunday, June 3 :: Enjoy authentic Greek food and pastries, shop in the marketplace, listen to live music and dance at the Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Church.
- Saturday, June 2 :: Find a sitter and indulge at Wild Wine, Beer and Food Safari at the Beardsley Zoo.
- Saturday, June 9 :: Head over to The Discovery Museum and Planetarium for Superhero Day. Come dressed as your favorite superhero and unmask the science behind some of your favorite superheroes and their superpowers! Test your own science superpowers and knowledge while exploring themed activities, crafts, experiments, and more.
- Saturday, June 9, Friday, June 15, and Sunday, June 17 :: Find an adventure at Discovery Adventure Park. There is a full day of Superhero themed fun for Superhero Day on June 9, a summer kick-off Luau party on June 15, and dads climb free with a paid climber for Father’s Day Adventure on June 17.
- Saturday, June 16 :: Partake in the annual Wing Ding Parade at Beardsley Zoo. You choose your means of transportation and prizes will be awarded for best costume. Activities include fun for the whole family with zoo admission, face painting, balloon animals, music, and food. Admission to the zoo is free until 12 p.m.
- All Month :: Enjoy a sensory friendly environment at AMC. Movies for this month include Solo: A Star Wars Story (Saturday, June 9 and Tuesday, June 12), The Incredibles 2 (Saturday, June 23) and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Tuesday, June 26).
- Thursday, June 1 – Saturday, June 10 :: Kick off fair season at the Annual Danbury City Fair. There are rides for people all ages, food, live performances and games of chance.
- Saturday, June 2:: Join hanna at Danbury Fair Mall all day for summer fun with crafts, new games, and story time. Invite a friend to experience hanna for the first time and you’ll both receive 20% off your entire purchase
- Saturday, June 2 :: Head over to Weed Beach Fest for rockin’ live music, delicious food, paddleboard lessons, and awesome games for kids!
- Saturday, June 2 :: Kids ages 5-10 can build their own arts and crafts projects to take home for Melissa & Doug Created By Me Arts & Crafts Day at HobbyTown Fairfield.
- Saturday, June 2:: Celebrate with Shearwater Coffee Bar for its one year anniversary and opening of its brand new outdoor patio for warm weather seating. There will be live music, giveaways, specials and more.
- Friday, June 15 and Friday, June 29 :: Head over to Jennings Beach for Sand Jam & Family Movie Nights. Live music will get you and the kids up dancing and then enjoy an evening with the stars of the Silver Screen under a starry summer sky. Pack a beach chair, blanket and some munchies and you’re ready for a great family movie! Despicable Me 3 will play on June 15 and Peter Rabbit will play on June 29.
- Thursday, June 21 :: Celebrate International Make Music Day at the Fairfield University Bookstore with Fairfield Theatre Company for Make Music Fairfield. Make Music Fairfield will feature musicians of all abilities and music from any genre. Sidewalks, parks, front porches, and public spaces throughout Fairfield will become stages for local musicians to perform and for all to enjoy, including the lovely Starbucks Cafe! Stay tuned for more on the musicians performing.
- Sunday, June 10 :: Spend the day outdoors at the 16th Annual Georgetown Day Celebration with live music, delicious international foods, a chili cook-off, beer tent, dunking booth, and artisans and vendors selling beautiful arts, crafts, clothing and jewelry.
- Saturday, June 9 :: Enjoy free admission to Greenwich Historical Society, including a puppet performance, as part of Connecticut Open House Day.
- Sunday, June 10 :: Touch-a-truck at Greenwich Town Hall.
- Thursday, June 28 :: Capture the magic of early summer by watching hundreds of fireflies at night at Audubon Center in Greenwich’s Family Firefly Night.
- Sunday, June 3 :: Come together as a community to celebrate activity and fitness at the 26th Annual Sprint for Monroe.
- Saturday, June 16 – Sunday, June 17 :: Eat strawberry shortcake, shop local artists and exhibitors, play games, and listen to live entertainment at the 47th Annual Strawberry Festival Craft Show & Fine Arts at Monroe Congregational Church.
- Sunday, June 3 :: Attend an ice cream social at the New Canaan Historical Society. There will be fun activities for all ages!
- Saturday, June 23 – Sunday, June 24 :: Head over to New Canaan Nature Center for the Great American Campout. It will be an evening of fun, camp tunes, a night hike, and lots of adventure camping in New Canaan’s favorite backyard.
- Saturday, June 9 :: Check out a fun family-focused festival and pet adoption day with fun activities for both adults and kids including face painting, pet portraits, games, crafts, vendors, food trucks, live entertainment, and more at the 4th Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party at Fairfield Hills Campus.
- Saturday, June 2 :: JAM will be throwing The First Annual Rowayton Porch Jam. Twelve Rowayton homes have generously donated their porches for twelve bands to play on. Bands will be staggered over the course of the afternoon. The organizers encourage all participants to walk, bike and scoot to multiple homes throughout the day and soak up the music to benefit a great cause.
- Sunday, June 17 :: Send dad and the kids to The Giggling Pig for a Father/Child Build and Paint Event.
- Thursday, May 31 – Sunday, June 3 :: Enjoy food, live entertainment, rides, games and more at the Ethos Stamford Greek Festival.
- Thursday, June 21 :: Celebrate music with Make Music Day Downtown Stamford. Make Music Day Stamford Downtown is a FREE celebration of music that takes place in cities around the world, held on the summer solstice June 21st. Every kind of musician – young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion – will pour onto streets, parks, and sidewalk cafes to share their music with friends, neighbors, and strangers.
- Friday, June 22 :: Experience ARTWALK in Stamford Downtown by strolling through the Downtown streets and visit seven participating galleries, enjoy live music and dancing.
- Friday, June 1 & Friday, June 22 :: Enjoy an outdoor movie night at Short Breach Park. Coco will play on June 1 and Jumanji will play on June 22. Free-admission and family friendly! Pack your cooler and a blanket.
- Saturday, June 2 :: Have fun at Ryan’s Rebels 2nd Annual Kids Fishing Derby at Twin Brooks Park. Bring your fishing pole and they will provide everything else, there is a suggested donation per participant. This is a catch-and-release fishing derby. Rain or shine. All proceeds from this event go directly toward helping children and families battling neuroblastoma and other pediatric cancers. There will also be raffle prizes. Learn more here.
- Sunday, June 10 :: #MakeItAmazing and participate in the #TeamCarolineandMia Tutu Trot to raise funds for childhood cancer.
- Thursday, June 28 – Sunday, July 1 :: Trumbull Day will begin with carnival rides, amusement games and food trucks on Thursday and Friday. While there will be no carnival on Saturday, the main event will be the Barnum Festival Drum Corps competition at Trumbull High School’s McDougall Stadium as part of the Barnum Festival. The final day, Sunday, will be a spectacular culmination of all festivities with a full day of carnival rides, amusement games, food trucks, band music, car show, and ending with a fantastic fireworks display.
- Sunday, June 10 :: Celebrate the annual opening day of Lachat Town Farm. Enjoy a stroll around the 19 acre farm, refreshments, live entertainment by guitarists Ray and Jay. Bring the kids for pony rides, face painting and a petting zoo, tour the 1770 Farmhouse restoration and Community Garden.
- Saturday, June 9 :: Watch The Great Duck Race.
- Friday, June 15 :: Join Earthplace for old-fashioned family fun to roast marshmallows next to a crackling fire along with a guided, night walk, a visit from a nocturnal animal and more for Family Campfire.
- Saturday, June 9 :: Get a sitter and swing your partner by the arm, do-si-do at Ambler Farm’s Sunset Hoedown. Enjoy a night out with BBQ, a signature drink, square dancing, hayrides and Ambler Farm s’mores!
Looking for more fun?
- Check out our roundups of local farmers’ markets, fairs and festivals, beaches, outdoor movie nights, summer concerts, theaters, family friendly volunteer/donation opportunities, “mommy and me” classes, family friendly hikes, coffee shops, ice cream shops, playgrounds, and restaurants where kids eat free.
Did we miss your favorite activity? Please leave a comment below or e-mail Aarika at [email protected]This post was sponsored by Kids First Pediatric Dentistry and First Impressions Orthodontics. Thank you for supporting our sponsors.