Bring on April showers, so that we can see May flowers! April brings lots of Spring celebrations and, hopefully, lots of sun and outdoor play time. Here is a list of family fun events to enjoy this month sponsored by Kids First Pediatric Dentistry and First Impression Orthodontics, who, when the need arises, feel strongly about helping your child through their dental experience with confidence, care, support and dignity. They surround themselves with the area’s best staff who love what they do as much as doctors do and they say that every day, your children drive them to be better. You can visit them on Facebook here and here, on Twitter, and Instagram @kids1stimpressions.
This is in no way intended to be a comprehensive event guide, so if you have suggestions or any great events that we’ve missed, please leave a comment to let us know!
- Saturday, March 24 – Sunday, April 1 :: Take a free photo with the Easter Bunny at Bass Pro Shops. There will be a free Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 31.
- Sunday, April 1 :: Grab some bunny special and join Harlan Haus for a family-friendly Easter Brunch! Enjoy a chef prepared buffet with all the classics & some fun surprises for the whole family to enjoy. You can make a reservation by calling (203) 690-1670.
- Sunday, April 1 :: Bring out your family’s adventurous side at The Adventure Park at The Discovery Museum’s Eggcellent Hunt and hunt for eggs on the ground and in the trees.
- Wednesday, April 4 :: Attend the largest college fair in the area, The Southern Connecticut College Fair at Webster Arena for all high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. At the Southern Connecticut College Fair, you will see and have the chance to meet representatives from over 200 colleges and universities. No registration needed.
- Saturday, April 7 :: Enjoy a free day at the Discovery Museum and explore the science of space exploration for Space Day 2018. Activities include rocket launches, live science demonstrations, and crafts.
- Saturday, April 13 – Sunday, May 20 :: Catch a performance of Sleeping Beauty at The Children’s Theatre at Downtown Cabaret Theatre.
- Saturday, April 21 :: Visit the Colorblends House & Spring Garden for A Spring Celebration: Open House & Gardens. The half acre garden located near downtown Bridgeport has over 40,000 spring bulbs flowering at different times and the renovated mansion has a pop-up art gallery featuring 8 local artists. It will be open to the public from April 1 to mid-May.
- Sunday, April 22 :: Celebrate Earth Day at the Beardsley Zoo. There will be interpretive talks on the Zoo’s conservation initiatives, local vendors promoting organically produced products, information on companies utilizing green practices, and fun family games. Other events at the Zoo throughout the month include World Autism Awareness Day on Monday, April 2, Animal Awareness Day on on Saturday, April 14, and Pequonnock River Fest on Saturday, April 21.
- Sunday, April 22 :: Before celebrating Earth Day at the Beardsley Zoo, run or walk to support Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County as part of their Healthy Families 5K Run/Walk. The run/walk is open to participants of all ages and loops through the Beardsley Zoo and Beardsley Park.
- Sunday, April 29 :: Join Fairfield County Moms Blog and AFC Urgent Care for a Ted E. Bear Clinic. Children are invited to bring their Teddy Bears or other special stuffed animals to AFC Urgent Care. Teddy Bear clinicians will be on hand to treat bumps, lumps and bruises. Children will get to register their stuffed animals and interact in a Vitals Station, a Boo Boo Station, and a hand hygiene station. Stop by for refreshments, giveaways, and fun for the whole family. Everyone will enjoy learning, laughing, and discovering that doctors are not that scary after all. Each event is FREE. You must register in advance to reserve your spot.
- All Month :: Enjoy a sensory friendly environment at AMC. Movies for this month include Ready Player One (Tuesday, April 10), Sherlock Gnomes (Saturday, April 14), and Rampage (Tuesday, April 24).
- Saturday, April 14 :: Head over to the Danbury Ice Arena for Twins BBQ Company Connecticut Wingfest 2018. There will be music, fun and food and drinks for purchase. Local restaurants will compete for the title of “Connecticut’s Best Wings” and all attendees will have the chance to sample the wings and vote for their favorite.
- Saturday, April 7 :: Join The ELM Project and New Canaan Country School at Pure Barre Darien at 11 AM for a class to raise money for Camp Amerikids. Each year, the ELM Project welcomes over 250 tri-state area children living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS and sickle cell disease to their summer program, Camp AmeriKids. Promo code to sign up for the class is NCCS. You can also pictures tickets at the door or e-mail [email protected] to sign up.
- Sunday, April 22 :: Join Fairfield County Moms Blog and AFC Urgent Care for a Ted E. Bear Clinic. Children are invited to bring their Teddy Bears or other special stuffed animals to AFC Urgent Care. Teddy Bear clinicians will be on hand to treat bumps, lumps and bruises. Children will get to register their stuffed animals and interact in a Vitals Station, a Boo Boo Station, and a hand hygiene station. Stop by for refreshments, giveaways, and fun for the whole family. Everyone will enjoy learning, laughing, and discovering that doctors are not that scary after all. Each event is FREE. You must register in advance to reserve your spot.
- Friday, April 27:: Join the Fairfield University Bookstore for Children’s Storytime with Downtown Cabaret Theatre’s Sleeping Beauty. Meet the cast, listen to a story, take photos, get freebies, and more!
- Friday, April 27 – Sunday, April 29 :: Enjoy the McKinley School Carnival at Jennings Beach. Rides and games by Stewart Amusement, entertainment and food for purchase. Wristbands everyday for unlimited rides.
- Sunday, April 22 :: Bring your family to discover an exciting animal adventure story as you walk through the weeds at Animal Tale on a Tail: An Outdoor Storytelling Adventure at the Audubon Center in Greenwich.
- Wednesday, April 25 :: Shop over 20 of the area’s best independent and small businesses at Innis Arden Gold Club and a portion of the proceeds from sales will be shared with Swim Across America, Greenwich-Stamford to benefit Alliance for Caner Gene Therapy.
- Friday, April 20 :: Bring the whole family to New Canaan Nature Center for an evening Spring Peepers Hike. Registration is required.
- Saturday, April 7 :: Celebrate 3 years of EverWonder Children’s Museum. Enjoy 1/2 priced admission all day in celebration!
- Sunday, April 22 :: Celebrate Earth Day at EverWonder Children’s Museum.
- Sunday, April 8 :: Bring the whole family to the WEBE108 KidsFest at Stepping Stones Museum for Children at Mathews Park. Event includes bounce houses, hands-on activities, kids entertainment, face painting, demonstrations, caricature artist & more.
- Sunday, April 15 :: Celebrate Earth at The Common Bond Market. They will be featuring a variety of organic, local, sustainable, and Earth-Friendly vendors in the effort to spread Earth conscious practices.
- Tuesdays :: Have dinner with Minnie Mouse at The Stamford Diner on Tuesdays in April. Reservations required (203) 348-7000.
- Thursday, April 5 :: Head over to The Palace for Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site: The Musical.
- Saturday, April 21 :: Celebrate Arbor Day and Earth Day at a free, family fun event at Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens. All ages welcome and families will enjoy listening to music, touring the Bartlett’s gardens and green house, viewing tree climbing and planting demonstrations and visiting various booths to learn about gardening, nature, conservation and sustainability. Kids’ activities include learning about backyard critters and pollinators, face painting, commstorytelling, composting, riding in a cherry picker, and crafting.
- Friday, April 6 – Sunday, April 8 :: Get great deals on gently-used children and maternity items at the Just Between Friends consignment sale at Insports Centers.
- Tuesday April 10 – Sunday, April 15 :: Enjoy a fun family night at the Trumbull Rotary Club Carnival at Hillcrest Middle School. Event includes fun Carnival rides with unlimited ride bracelets and food.
- Saturday, April 21 :: Join Trumbull Nature and Arts Center for a spring sing-along about dirt, composting, plants, decomposition, and even Scat! Come prepared to sing real loud and dance, dance, dance! Free event for families and children of all ages. Pre-registration required.
- Saturday, April 28 :: Meet 20+ local preschools and daycares from Trumbull, Shelton, Monroe, and Bridgeport at Meet the Preschools at the Trumbull Library, hosted by MOMS Club of Trumbull.
- Sunday, April 29 :: Learn the basics of fishing as a family at the Trumbull Nature and Arts Center for Fishing 101. Free event, class size limited and pre-registration is required. Ages 6 and up.
- Saturday, April 7 :: Join Fairfield County Moms Blog and Commerce Park Children’s Dentistry & Orthodontics for Dentist For a Day. Children ages 2-5 years+ and siblings are welcome to learn what it’s like to be a Dentist. At this hands on event, children will learn about nutrition, see an X-ray demonstration, learn how to keep a healthy smile and more! Children will rotate through stations and each child will receive a goodie bag and a prize. Light snacks will also be provided. This event is FREE and welcome to the public. Make sure to register in advance to reserve your spot!
- Sunday, April 15 :: Watch a performance of How I Became a Pirate at Westport Country Playhouse. Recommended for ages 4-10.
- Saturday, April 28 :: Touch-A-Truck at the 13th Annual Co-Op Touch-A-Truck hosted by Westport Weston Cooperative Nursery School. There will be over 40 vehicles and more activities like the Fun Bus, face-painting, an inflatable slide, and the Roaming Railroad. A quiet hour (no horns!) will be 9:30-10:30.
- Saturday, April 28 :: Celebrate the arrival of garden season at terrain’s annual Dig into Spring Festival. Activities include a fully-stocked nursery, garden workshops, live music, delicious food, and fun stuff for little ones. The event is free, but additional costs may apply for some of the workshops.
- Saturday, April 21 :: Build fairy, gnome, and animal homes at Woodcock Nature Center. You will go on a guided woodland walk and learn about the animal homes along the way while picking up special items to create the homes. Registration is required.
- Saturday, April 21 :: Pick up some new books at Wilton Library’s Gigantic Spring Book Sale Fundraiser.
- Saturday, April 28 :: Enjoy a Spring Pancake Breakfast & Sheep Shearing at Ambler Farm. Children will have the opportunity to do a fun spring-themed craft before heading over to meet Ambler Farm’s newest additions to the form. Registration is required.
Looking for more fun?
- Check out our roundups of local farmers’ markets, fairs and festivals, beaches, outdoor movie nights, summer concerts, theaters, family friendly volunteer/donation opportunities, “mommy and me” classes, family friendly hikes, coffee shops, ice cream shops, playgrounds, and restaurants where kids eat free.
Did we miss your favorite activity? Please leave a comment below or e-mail Aarika at [email protected]