All mamas deserve a night out with the ones they love…especially with Valentine’s Day right around the corner! Start planning ahead and get those babysitters lined up! Don’t know where to go? Fairfield County Moms Blog has got you covered! We have created a guide to the best date night restaurants throughout Fairfield County. Since our loyal readers live all over, we have listed top restaurants from each area throughout our county. We have included some of the most romantic spots, as well as those more casual places where the food speaks for itself. No matter what type of cuisine you and your partner love, this guide will help you find your next favorite date night eatery. We hope you can use this guide and venture out of your comfort zone and start tasting what Fairfield County restaurants have to offer. As always please support our sponsors! Enjoy!
Via Sforza Trattoria is a charming Tuscan farmhouse featuring authentic Italian cuisine and ambiance. From the architecture and décor of the main dining room to the all-seasons patio, and the rustic appeal in the intimate cantina room, when you dine at Via Sforza, you will feel as though you have been transported to Italy. Celebrating over 26 years in business, Via Sforza is a family-owned and operated Italian Trattoria located in Westport, CT.
Mention Fairfield County Moms Blog and receive one free dessert per table.
Fairfield Social is a modern, rustic-looking restaurant, with white brick walls, a gorgeous long bar, and hanging light fixtures. Their menu is a Seasonal-American Cuisine with options for everyone. Happy Hour is every Monday-Saturday from 3-6 p.m. They also offer great weekly specials such as $15 NY Strip Steak Sunday Nights and a Buffet-Style Sunday Brunch.
Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill brings the authentic taste of Santa Fe, New Mexico to Connecticut. With acclaimed Executive Chef Arturo Franco-Camacho at the helm, Geronimo’s cuisine is 100% Southwestern, even sourcing its Chile peppers directly from New Mexico, with the menu including tacos, award-winning chile, quesadillas, Navajo frybread, tamales and more. With over 400 options, the bar also offers more than 40 varieties of Mezcal, an extensive wine list and top-shelf liquors.
GREENWICH & STAMFORD
1. Char – Seasonal New American cuisine made with carefully-sourced ingredients in a rustic-chic space.
2. Table 104 – Fine wines, small plates, and rustic pizzas and pasta dishes make you feel like you are right there in Tuscany.
3. Crew – A new American restaurant offering upscale, seasonal comfort fare, and cocktails in plush digs.
4. Prime – An American kitchen and bar serving up a curated raw bar, world-class sushi, and USDA Prime 21-day dry-aged beef paired with enhancements as well as classic steakhouse side dishes and fantastic modern creations.
5. Tony’s at J House – An Italian steakhouse and bar located in the stunning J House hotel. You might want to turn this date night into an overnight stay!
6. Cotto – This is an award-winning Italian tapas restaurant with a 400+ selection of wine labels.
7. Noir Stamford – This intimate and charming eatery is serving up a progressive form of dining derived from the mashing together of ‘bistro’ and ‘gastronomy’.
8. Eastend – A vibrant restaurant featuring upscale American dishes and craft cocktails in a contemporary space.
9. Zaza – This Italian gastropub is creating delicious tapas in a lively atmosphere.
10. Kashi – Innovative sushi rolls, hibachi, and sake bar in a fun space.
NEW CANAAN & DARIEN
1. Elm – Located in the heart of New Canaan, they are serving up modern American cuisine.
2. The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s – This romantic eatery located on the water in Darien is the perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion.
3. Uncorked – Offering fresh, locally sourced, organic ingredients and creating unique small plates and entrees in a relaxed, laid-back, and fun locale.
4. Roger Sherman Inn – Small, quaint, and classy. The perfect excuse to leave the kids at home and wear that little black dress!
5. Solé– A family-style restaurant that is inspired by Old World flavors and premium ingredients.
6. South End – A casual neighborhood spot featuring seasonal comfort food.
7. Farmer’s Table – Offering a simple menu with made to order options.
8. Sushi 25 – Fresh and delicious sushi rolls and platters. You can also order online if you feel like staying in.
9. Ten Twenty Post – A casual and contemporary oyster bar serving classic New England comfort food and bistro classics.
10. Locali – Amazing pizza in an intimate setting for a date night with your partner or the whole family.
1. Oak + Almond – Oak and almond woods fuel their wood-burning oven and stove creating delicious handcrafted seasonal food.
2. Peaches Southern Pub & Juke Joint – The menu offers classic pub fare with a southern flair. After dinner, head on up to their second-floor loft space for some live entertainment.
3. Public Wine Bar – Featuring a sophisticated dining experience ranging from exquisite lunch options and an elegant dinner menu to a wide variety of wine options from the California sun to the Tuscan countryside.
4. BJ Ryan’s BANC House – Your one-stop spot for great food, excellent service, and a killer chocolate martini.
5. Local – Sono’s newest hot place to enjoy craft beers and creative dishes that come in “Little” or “Lots” sized portions. They also have a second location in Fairfield.
6. Match – This trendy spot has a uniquely creative menu that changes daily, along with their beloved “Match classics,” and the most delicious cocktails!
7. Avenida – Enjoy the traditional flavors and dishes of Venezuela in a laid back, modern Hipster setting.
8. Sugar & Olives – They seek to educate their diners and cultivate a relationship between farms and families. Nearly all menu items come from within Connecticut or close by.
9. Kazu – An excellent place for delicious sushi and cocktails for first-timers or regulars looking to expand their palette.
10. Tavern at Graybarns – An intimate dining experience that highlights New American cuisine assimilating flavors and techniques from traditional American cooking.
WESTPORT & FAIRFIELD
1. Terrain – Blurring the lines between indoor and outdoor seating, this spot offers a seasonally changing menu.
2. The Gray Goose – A great mix of charm and attitude. Everything is made with delicious, healthy, and organic ingredients. Stick around for live music on Friday nights.
3. Brick + Wood – Their motto is love, life, and pizza. Everything on their menu is made from scratch. The burrata is a must-have!
4. The Sinclair – This new hot spot has an extensive range of diverse small plates, kettle-cooked seafood, seasonal local vegetables, quality braised meats, and delicious craft cocktails or wine.
5. Sakura – An excellent place for Hibachi with steak, seafood, and chicken prepared in front of you on the grill tables. Such a fun experience!
6. Brick Walk Tavern – This American-style tavern offers a seasonally-inspired, chef-driven menu in a warm, inviting environment.
7. Bodega – A modern Mexican restaurant with an urban beach vibe. They make outstanding margaritas and irresistible Baja tacos! You can also visit them downtown Darien.
8. Aurora’s – Fresh and delicious Mediterranean style cuisine with hand-crafted cocktails and fine wine.
9. Mecha Noodle Bar – From Vietnamese pho to Japanese ramen, they serve some of Asia’s most comforting dishes with their own twist. Additional locations are in Norwalk and Stamford.
10. The Cottage – A warm and welcoming hot spot serving hand-crafted American dishes inspired by cultures around the world.
EASTON, WILTON, WESTON & RIDGEFIELD
1. The Olde Bluebird Inn – If you want to skip the traditional date night dinner, this quaint spot is the perfect place to go for brunch. They specialize in freshly cooked home-style breakfast and lunch.
2. Bianco Rosso – A stylish and trendy spot with outstanding Italian food. You can also visit them in Trumbull.
3. Cactus Rose – Enjoy a fresh and creative fusion of Latin American cuisine along with a fantastic handcrafted margarita.
4. Red Rooster – With an extensive menu, there is something for everyone.
5. Bernard’s – The menu changes daily to reflect local ingredients in their distinctive cuisine.
6. Gallo – Authentic Italian cuisine, “right down to the tomatoes in our sauce and the oil in our pans.”
7. Luc’s Cafe – An authentic French bistro, they offer non-stop service, and you can be served anything from the menu anytime day or night.
8. Reiki Sushi & Asian Bistro – They offer something for everyone with fresh ingredients. Make sure to try their OMG roll!
9. Schoolhouse at Cannondale – Offering a creative and contemporary take on American cuisine in a quaint one-room schoolhouse with views overlooking the bucolic river outside.
10. Marc’s Place – An English style pub serving up all the favorites.
BRIDGEPORT, STRATFORD & TRUMBULL
1. Birdman – Located in Black Rock, they serve authentic southern cuisine. Comfort food that will make you feel good.
2. Ralph n Rich’s – Located in downtown Bridgeport you will enjoy top-notch authentic Italian cuisine.
3. The Sitting Duck Tavern – This American neighborhood tavern serves up mouthwatering food and fabulous drinks.
4. Biagio Osteria – The place to go to love, laugh, and eat traditional Italian style cooking.
5. Knapp’s Landing – Set along the Housatonic River, you will enjoy delicious seafood entrees.
6. Prime One Eleven – An extensive menu that offers everything from a raw-bar, artisan grilled pizzas, sandwiches, and so much more!
7. Outriggers – A casual fine dining location offering fresh fish and made-to-order entrees.
8. Parker – Featuring American up-scale casual dining with many comfort foods and delicious desserts. You can also visit them in Shelton and Westport.
9. Kama Sushi – All you can eat sushi made fresh just for you!
10. Harlen Haus – This eatery is a German-inspired bier and wurst hall located in the historic People’s Bank building.
NEWTOWN, MONROE, SHELTON & REDDING
1. Barn Door – Enjoy bold dishes that start with fresh ingredients because they believe fresh food is at the heart of delicious food.
2. Red Rooster Pub – A rustic barn that serves excellent food. It can be a family night out or a casual date night with your love.
3. Lucas Local Oyster Bar – This seafood tavern makes its raw bar, open wood-fired kitchen, and craft bar a fun gathering place.
4. Kolam – A flavorful Indian restaurant and takeout offering a real authentic experience.
5. Thai Delight – An excellent spot for traditional Thai cuisine. Dine-in or take out!
6. Figs Wood Fired Bistro – New American food with an Italian twist.
7. Barra – BARRA in Italian = BAR…upscale, yet casual and affordable…wine, craft beer, Italian tapas, brick oven pizza, mozzarella and gelato bar, and much more!
8. El Coyote – A full menu of Mexican favorites, including guacamole prepared right at your table!
9. Sal e Pepe – A contemporary Italian bistro serving fresh, imaginative, and delicious food.
10. Red Lotus – Serving up the healthiest versions of hand prepared Asian cuisine.
BETHEL, DANBURY, BROOKFIELD, NEW FAIRFIELD & SHERMAN
1. J. Lawrence Downtown – Serving great food, craft beer, cocktails, and an atmosphere that makes you feel at home.
2. Putnam House – A unique dining experience with great food, great beer, and a great time.
3. La Zingara – An intimate local farm-to-table Italian eatery with many dedicated customers.
4. Mezón – A great tapas bar and restaurant offering an inventive fusion of Spanish, Latin American, and Caribbean inspired dishes.
5. Stanziato’s – Local farm-to-table food that will have you coming back for more.
6. Barbarie’s – This steakhouse and seafood restaurant has been serving up great food for over 50 years – enough said!
7. Portofino – This spot offers an extensive menu of exquisite Italian dishes and “New York-style” pizza.
8. Urban Street Pizza – Kicking new flavors and combining street food-inspirations with Neopolitan-Style Pizza & NY Style Pies.
9. Market Place – A modern American farm-to-table restaurant with a fantastic wine list.
10. Bambu – A hibachi and sushi restaurant and bar with a diverse menu influenced by Chinese, Japanese, and Thai cuisine.