With the start of summer comes yummy local food like fruits and veggies, and there is no better place to get them than at a farmers’ market. We have so many great options to choose from here in Fairfield County. Many of them offer more than just fruits and veggies, including local baked goods, food trucks, plants, flowers, crafts, and even live music. They are the perfect place to have a picnic for lunch or dinner, too. Back by popular demand, here is a list of this summer’s local farmers’ markets. Remember to hit up the ATM before you arrive, since everyone doesn’t always take debit and credit cards! Also, be sure to check websites for further details and schedule changes.
Click here for a free printable with the schedule of farmers’ markets for quick reference.
- Bethel Farmers’ Market (67 Stony Hill Road) runs Saturdays from June 17 until the end of November, 9 AM – 1 PM. This market is one of the oldest in CT and has been running since 1981. Find out more here and here.
- Black Rock Farmers’ Market (St. Ann Church Field, 481 Brewster Street) runs Saturdays from June 10 until October 7, 9 AM – 1 PM. Along with the farmers’ market, they also have an artisan market on the last Saturday of every month. Find out more here and here.
- Downtown Farmers’ Market (McLevy Green, Main Street & State Street) runs Thursdays from July 6 to October 12, 10:30 AM – 2 PM. Find out more here.
- Brookfield Farmers’ Market (Brookfield Town Hall by the Horses, 100 Pocono Road) runs Fridays from June 30 to October 13, 3 – 6 PM. Find out more here.
- CityCenter Danbury Farmers’ Market (Danbury Green) runs Saturdays from June 24 until October 21, 10 AM – 2 PM. There is a new location for 2017 – Danbury Green – and complimentary parking at Patriot Garage. Find out more here.
- Darien Farmers’ Market (Goodwives Shopping Center, 25 Old Kings Highway North) runs Wednesdays from May 24 to November 22, 11 AM – 4 PM. Find out more here.
- Fairfield Farmers Market (Sherman Green, 1451 Post Road) runs Sundays from June 11 until October 1, 10 AM – 2 PM. Find out more here.
- Greenfield Hill Farmers Market (Greenfield Hill, 65 Hillside Road) runs Saturdays from May 20 until end of October, 10 AM – 2 PM. Find out more here.
- Greenwich Farmers’ Market (Commuter Parking Lot, Exit 3 off I-95, corner Arch Street & Horseneck Lane) runs Saturdays from May 20 until December, 9:30 AM – 1 PM. This is a producers-only market, which means that all of the produce and products purchased at the market are grown and prepared by Connecticut farmers. Find out more here.
- Monroe Farmers’ Market (Monroe Town Green, Corner of 6 Fan Hill Road & Route 111) runs Fridays from June 23 until October 27, 3 PM – 6 PM. This market has fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, prepared foods, eggs, seafood, and craft products, as well as fun, informational and educational events for children and adults and free entertainment provided by talented local performers. This market is very supportive to the community and Monroe elementary schools have a chance to sell items from their school gardens. Find out more here and here.
- New Canaan Summer Farmers Market (Old Center School Parking Lot, Corner of South Avenue, Maple Street, and Main Street) runs Saturdays from April 22 until December 16, 10 AM – 2 PM. Find out more here and here.
- The Farmers Market at Fairfield Hills (Fairfield Hills Campus at Wasserman Way, off Exit 11 off I-84 and Route 25, 3 Trades Lane) runs Tuesdays from June 13 to October, 2 PM – 6 PM. This market is an all organic farmers’ market that features heirloom vegetables, flowers, baked goods, and artisans. This market is also known as the Sandy Hook Organic Farmers’ Market. Find out more here.
- Rainbow Plaza Farmers’ Market (205 Main Street) runs Wednesdays from May 17 until November 15, 11 AM – 3 PM. Find out more here.
- Old Greenwich Farmers’ Market (Presbyterian Church of Old Greenwich parking lot, 38 West End Avenue) runs Wednesdays from May 31 until end of October, 2:30 – 6 PM and Wednesdays in November, 2-5 PM. This market includes weekly and guest vendors, ranging from fresh produce to prepared foods to bath products and crafts. Find out more here and here.
- Georgetown Farmers’ Market (4 Old Mill Road) runs Sundays from June 18 until end of October, 10 AM – 2 PM. Find out more here.
- Rowayton Farmers’ Market (Pinkney Park, 177 Rowayton Avenue) runs Fridays from May 26 until October, 12 – 5 PM. This market was named one of the 10 best farmers’ markets in the country by Country Living Magazine in 2013. Find out more here and here.
- Shelton Farmers’ Market (100 Canal Street at the corner of Cornell Street and Canal Street East) runs Wednesdays (3 – 6:30 PM) from June to October and Saturdays (9 AM – 1 PM) from May until November. Find out more here and here.
- Stamford Downtown Farmers’ Market (Prospect Street at Latham Park) runs Saturdays from June 17 until October 28, 9 AM – 3 PM. Find out more here.
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center Farm Market (39 Scofieldtown Road) runs Sundays from June 11 until October 8, 10 AM – 2 PM. Admission to the Sunday Farm Market is free, but the free entry to the market does not include Galleries, Hecksher Farm, Nature’s Playground, hiking trails or participation in the Market Madness program. Find out more here.
- Stratford Farmers’ Market (Paradise Green, Main Street) runs Mondays from June 19 until October 23, 2 – 6 PM. Find out more here.
- Trumbull Farmers’ Market (The Nichols Improvement Association Green, 1773 Huntington Turnpike) runs Thursdays from May 18 until October 12, 3:30 – 6:30 PM. This is the market’s second year running. Find out more here and here.
- Westport Farmers’ Market (50 Imperial Avenue) runs Thursdays from May 18 until November 9, 10 AM – 2 PM. This market was started by Paul Newman and Michel Nischan and used to be held at the Westport Country Playhouse. They offer GMO free vendors and organic farmers, as well as yoga and chef demos. The local coffee sold at the market is a fan favorite! Find out more here and here.
- Wilton Farmers’ Market (The Wilton Historical Society, 224 Danbury Road) runs Wednesdays from June 7 until October 25, 12 – 5 PM. Find out more here.
Which is your favorite farmers’ market? If we missed one, please let us know!